We have been photographing weddings for over 17 years now and are familiar with many aspects of your wedding planning. Feel free to call us with questions at any stage of your planning. Below find a checklist that can help you!
12-18 months out:
· Work out your budget.
· Pick your wedding party.
· Start the guest list.
· Hire a planner, if desired.
· Reserve your date and venues.
6 – 12 months out:
· Book your officiant.
· Hire the photographer and the videographer.
· Book the entertainment.
· Meet caterers.
· Purchase a dress.
· Reserve a block of hotel rooms for out-of-town guests.
· Select and purchase invitations.
· Start planning a honeymoon.
· Shop for bridesmaids’ dresses.
· Meet with the officiant.
· Send save-the-date cards.
· Book a florist.
· Arrange transportation.
3 months out:
· Start composing a day-of timeline.
· Book the rehearsal and rehearsal-dinner venues.
· Select and order the cake.
· Purchase wedding shoes and start dress fittings.
· Schedule hair and makeup artists.
· Choose your music.
· Finalize the menu and flowers.
· Make a list of the people giving toasts.
· Finalize the readings.
· Finalize the order of the ceremony and the reception.
· Purchase the rings.
· Send out the invitations. 6-8 weeks before the date
1 month out:
· Send your event schedule to the vendors.
· Touch base again with all the vendors.
· Meet with the photographer.
· Review the playlist with the band or deejay.
· Enjoy a bachelorette party.
· Enter RSVPs into your guest-list database.
· Get your marriage license.
· Send out as many final payments as you can.
· Confirm times for hair and makeup and all vendors.
· E-mail and print directions for drivers of transport vehicles.
· Assign seating.
· Purchase bridesmaids’ gifts.
· Write vows, if necessary.
· Get your hair cut and colored, if desired.
Week of the wedding
· Delegate small wedding-day tasks.
· Send a timeline to the bridal party.
· Pick up your dress.
· Set aside checks for the vendors.
· Book a spa treatment.
· Send the final guest list to the caterer and all venues hosting your wedding-related events.
· Break in your shoes.
· Assemble and distribute the welcome baskets.
· Pack for your honeymoon