Why? Because they are fun! Most grooms might disagree with me, but by the end of a session at our studio, they usually admit that “it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be – it actually was fun!” I love these portrait sessions as it is a great opportunity to have you as a couple interact and capture those natural moments when you are more relaxed. Besides the fact that they can be fun and natural, below are some other reasons to get an engagement session:
- To try out a wedding photographer. This is a great way to get to know a photographer’s personality and style before you commit to your wedding photography. We offer mini-sessions if you are interested in “trying us out” before you book us.
- To get a professional portrait in your “normal” clothes. You have a lot more flexibility to do different poses when not in your wedding dress.
- To use in your Save the Date card or invitation, or on your wedding website.
- To put an engagement announcement in the paper.
- To get a professional portrait at a different time of year than your wedding. Summer wedding? Get some fall colors for your engagement, or out in the snow.
- To use on the wedding day for guest sign in – as a guest book, a signature mat/frame or other creative ideas.
- To use as centerpieces or other wedding decor.
- To use framed portraits as gifts for family – great holiday or birthday gifts!
- To try out your makeup and hair before the big day and see how they come out in photos.
- To use in a slideshow on your wedding day.
- To get used to your wedding photographer and their style and posing, so on your wedding day you have some practice.
If you have not yet booked a wedding photographer, we would love to offer a “mini-session” so you can try us out to see if we fit together. This is $50.00.
If you have a wedding photographer already, or if you want a full sitting, our sitting fee is $125, which includes:
- 1-2 hours of photo session
- Any location (my indoor studio/outdoor portrait park or a location around town, your home)
- Many different poses /2 different outfits
- Pre-session consultation to discuss ideas and clothing
- Post-session viewing and sales meeting
- Editing, including color-correction and touch-ups for blemishes
- $25 credit toward prints and packages
Our packages range from $275 and up. You can also order a la carte from our products. We have great products, including beautiful gallery canvases, quality albums, archival prints and more!
Kimball Nelson is an award-winning professional photographer serving Fort Collins, Loveland, Estes Park and all of Colorado’s front range. Kimball provides candid, natural portraiture photography to clients across Colorado and has shot weddings, high school senior and family portraits across the Rocky Mountain region from Cheyenne to Telluride. As a Certified Professional Photographer she relies on her years of experience, skill and training to create natural, beautiful images that tell her client’s stories.
Contact us to set up a meeting.