Family Photography Information & Pricing
Why Get Family Photography?
You want amazing photos of your family. Wherever you spend your time, you want to fill the space with images of those you love. Photography helps to create an environment that connects you to what’s important. One mom commented that her family is her biggest creation and that’s why she puts them on her wall as her “work of art!”
When Should You Get Family Photographs?
NOW! Your family is growing quickly it is time to get images that will showcase this precious time in your lives, that you can look back on for years to come and cherish. With each passing year your family’s portraits will become more valuable – contact us to set up an appointment at (970) 472-1661!
What is Family Photography?
Family photography can look like many things: Newborn photos, baby packages, our Annual Plan, kid photos, whole family photos, and even larger extended family photos when the whole group is in town. Most importantly, you are documenting your family so that one day this family history will be handed down through generations to tell your family’s story.
Who Are We?
Kimball Nelson is a Certified Professional Photographer who has been photographing families’ important moments for over 15 years. She uses an artistic, natural approach and specializes in personal interactions, unexpected expressions and capturing intimate moments. All while having a fun experience! Check out the gallery and see if this style is what you are looking for.
How Do You Go About It?
- Contact the studio and let us know what type of photography you are looking for. We can set up a consultation meeting or just chat on the phone to go through your questions.
- Consultation, when we can go over potential locations, clothing tips and the types of products you are looking for. Then we set up your appointment!
- Photo session. This is the fun part! We can work together to get those natural moments that produce genuine images.
- Viewing and purchase session. Within two weeks we can have a viewing and purchase session where you can view your photos and choose which ones work best for your needs.
- Photo Delivery. Here is the other super fun part! You can enjoy your photos, share them with others and remember those special people that you love so much.
- Come back periodically to make sure you continue that lifelong collection!
It is more than just photography. It’s a lifelong collection of memories to fill your home and share with loved ones.
Where? Our Location
The beautiful parks and rivers and unique urban areas surrounding Fort Collins, Loveland, Boulder and Denver provide a multitude of great locations for portraits. Our studio is located just minutes from Old Town Fort Collins and provides us with an indoor studio and 3 acre outdoor portrait park (take a virtual tour below) with a pond and mountain views. Over the years we’ve taken dozens of engagement and family photos here. The close location of our wedding photography studio also allows us to easily and instantly meet up with you anywhere in Northern Colorado for your photography needs.
Our sitting fee is $125, which includes:
- 1-2 hours of photo session
- Any location (my indoor studio/outdoor portrait park or a location around town, your home)
- Many different poses /2 different outfits
- Pre-session consultation to discuss ideas and clothing
- Post-session viewing and sales meeting
- Editing, including color-correction and touch-ups for blemishes
- $25 credit toward prints and packages
Our packages range from $275 and up. You can also order a la carte from our products. We have great products, including beautiful gallery canvases, quality albums, archival prints and more!
Our philosophy on offering quality products: We strongly believe that the images of your family should be created on the highest quality products for you to experience everyday – images that can be showcased in your home and be given as special gifts to be treasured. By sharing your family’s images in the place your family gathers, you can capture this moment in time and have it will live on forever in your home.
We strongly encourage our clients to make prints and albums: We value and recommend printing your images so you can enjoy them fully. Sometimes our clients think they just want digital files of all their images. However, most of the time digital files just stay on hard drives, media becomes damaged or obsolete and the images, when printed, often end up on inferior paper or products that don’t show off the beauty of your images. By printing your images, you can fill your home with the priceless moments we have captured.